Royal Ramble: 5km Family Challenge
17th April 2016 –
17th April 2016
Hampton Court Palace
- Standard Team Ticket Price
Minimum Fundraising Target: £150 (You will have up to 6 weeks after the Ramble to fundraise and collect your sponsorship)
Following the success of last year’s landmark Tower Powerhouse event, London’s Air Ambulance and Historic Royal Palaces have teamed up to create a unique opportunity to explore Hampton Court’s iconic estate - the Royal Ramble: 5km Family Challenge. Taking place on 17 April 2016, this fun-filled family fundraising event means that the challenge begins before you reach the palace, as you aspire to reach your fundraising target! You will navigate the five kilometre route through the palace’s gardens and Home Park, following a trail of clues to discover more about their fascinating 500 year history, as well as some of the wildlife and endangered species that now call the park home.
The course is suitable for children over the age of five and teams can contain a maximum of five people. Once teams have successfully completed their challenge, a picnic lunch will be served in the palace’s Clore Learning Centre, rounding off a right royal day out. Participating groups will be asked to pay an entry fee of £45 (£35 if you sign up before the 1 February 2016!) and pledge to raise £150 in aid of London’s Air Ambulance and Historic Royal Palaces. All proceeds will be split equally between these two iconic London charities. Please click here to set-up your online fundraising page with Virgin Money Giving.
- Start times will be staggered in waves. Waves to be confirmed approx. 6 weeks prior to event date
- £45 entry fee per team, £150 fundraising target (you will be issued with a fundraising pack with ideas and information to help support your fundraising efforts and you have up to 6 weeks after the event to collect up those vital sponsorship packages)
- Hampton Court Palace can be easily reached by a 30 minute train ride from Waterloo Station
- The route is suitable for children over the age of five
- Due to the nature of the route it is not suitable for prams or pushchairs (but they can be stored in the Clore Learning Centre during the ramble)
- The ramble will take anywhere between 2-4 hours to complete
- Following the ramble you will have the opportunity to visit Hampton Court Palace free of charge
- Lunch will be provided at the end of the challenge but you are advised to bring refreshments for the ramble itself
- Sensible walking shoes and appropriate clothing for whatever the great British weather might have in store is a must as there is no shelter along the route!
Royal Ramble: 5km Family Challenge is kindly supported by: