community fundraising coordinator
TYPE: Permanent full time
SALARY: £22,000 - £25,000
DEPT: Community & Volunteering
REPORTS TO: Community Fundraising Officer
LOCATION: 5TH FLOOR, 77 MANSELL STREET, LONDON, E1 8AN
To coordinate our Community fundraising programme, including the engagement of groups and individuals in activities to increase our income and to raise awareness of our work across London.
The support of the wider community is a vital part of the identity and history of our charity and volunteering is at the heart of our future plans.
London’s Air Ambulance has strong and established links within communities throughout London and this role will support the team to create new networks and expand our reach in every borough play a key role in harnessing and maximising this support.
The post holder will work collaboratively with all other departments in London’s Air Ambulance to deliver our key strategic objective of establishing volunteer-led fundraising groups in communities throughout London.
The charity has undertaken a significant investment in IT infrastructure and a new supporter database (ThankQ) has recently been launched. This will improve the quality of our data and provide us with insight into the best ways to engage our supporters.
Our volunteering roles are varied and can include helping at events, at our shop, supporting our office team, raising awareness of the work of London’s Air Ambulance within local communities at events and fundraising. The successful candidate will need to commit to working some weekends and evenings as required, for which our flexible working policy will apply, and must hold a current UK full drivers licence.
- Help deliver existing fundraising activities and partnerships with groups and associations, schools, beneficiary events, individuals and companies, including our new partnership with Caffé Nero and to establish new community partnerships.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Recruitment and Development Manager & Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator to support volunteer-led fundraising groups.
- Support Charity of the Year applications and pitches with a strong focus on community focused partnerships with supermarkets (Sainsburys, Asda, Wilco, Waitrose and Marks & Spencer).
- Be responsible for income generated via collection pots, expanding the number of sites and coordinating our volunteer pot collectors
- Coordinate and develop a collection programme and manage the logistics of collections including volunteer rotas, delivery of equipment, banking and security of money.
- Ensure that community fundraising events, activities and collections are well planned, marketed, managed and supported including promotion via social media.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Events Team to develop new community events
- Attend community fundraising events and collections and represent the charity at talks and events, when required.
- Work with the Retail Manager to coordinate the sale of London’s Air Ambulance merchandise at community events.
- Coordinate community talks, liaising with community groups and internal stakeholders to arrange speakers and equipment.
- Coordinate the promotion of the London’s Air Ambulance Challenge Badge to Brownies, Guides & Scouts.
- To be responsible for record community activity and income on our CRM database ThankQ and contribute to the development of ThankQ’s reporting function to provide insight and information to improve the performance of the community team.
- In liaison with the Supporter Care Coordinator, to oversee the thanking of community supporters.
- Carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned in line with the broad remit of the post including administrative tasks.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Experience of community fundraising and working with volunteers.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings as required (TOIL and flexible working policy apply).
- Familiar with the use of social media to promote activities and raise awareness.
- Financial and budget accountability.
- Computer literate and competent in the use of MS Office and fundraising databases.
- Awareness of Data Protection Regulations.
- Awareness of regulations affecting charities.
- Strong team worker and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, target driven, enthusiastic and outgoing.
- Current clean driving license essential (driving assessment and instruction for our fundraising vehicles will be required)
Our Core Values
If you wish to discuss this post, please contact Mark Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please send a CV with a one page covering letter outlining your relevant skills for the role. Applications should be sent to the email above or through post, marked Private and Confidential to HR Business Partner, London’s Air Ambulance, Fifth Floor, 77 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN.
Unfortunately, due to a high volume of applications we are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Equal Opportuniies Policy
London's Air Ambulance Limited is committed to eliminating any discrimination and promoting diversity and equality of opportunity in all it does. It is therefore London's Air Ambulance Limited's commitment to provide equal opportunities in employment and we will not unlawfully discriminate against job applicants, employees of the Company, volunteers, workers or contract workers on the grounds of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (unless, as in the case of pilots or fire crew physical fitness is essential to the performance of their duties).