TYPE: full time fixed term
SALARY: £18,000 - £20,000
DEPT: philanthropy, partnerships and events
REPORTS TO: philanthropy manager
LOCATION: MANSELL ST LONDON E1
Closing date for application: 28 May
London’s Air Ambulance has an exciting opportunity for a passionate, bright and proactive person looking for a stimulating and rewarding role in the charity sector. The role is perfect for someone keen to build and develop professional skills and experience in a fast-growing organisation. The successful candidate will take on an important role in a positive, professional and proactive team.
The new Philanthropy Assistant will work closely with the Philanthropy Manager to undertake prospect research, prepare funding applications and steward relationships, focusing on trusts and foundations, corporate trusts and livery companies. The Philanthropy Assistant will also support the Philanthropy Manager in undertaking research of high-net worth individuals and pre-existing supporters, where required.
The overall objective of this role is to support the Philanthropy, Partnership and Events team and wider Development team in generating income and creating long-term partnerships with both Trusts and Major Donors.
London’s Air Ambulance is the charity that delivers an advanced trauma team to critically injured people in London. The service provides pre-hospital medical care at the scene of the incident and serves the 10 million people who live, work and travel within the M25.
Based at The Royal London Hospital and founded in 1989, the service operates 24/7, with the helicopter running in daylight hours and rapid response cars taking over at night.
The team, which at all times includes an advanced trauma doctor and paramedic, perform advanced medical interventions, normally only found in the hospital Emergency Department, in time critical, life threatening situations. Missions commonly involve serious road traffic collisions, falls from height, industrial accidents, assaults and injuries on the rail network.
London’s Air Ambulance has an international reputation for clinical excellence and delivers pioneering procedures which have been adopted across the world.
- Undertake supported research to identify new funding opportunities
- Prepare and disseminate targeted fundraising applications to small trusts, foundations and livery companies
- Provide a high-level of supporter care for all funders, submitting timely thank you letters and update reports
- Maintain the accuracy of relevant spreadsheets and the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software– updating supporter information, communications and new applications
- Champion the use of the new CRM database (ThankQ), supporting the organisation to enhance its usage and accuracy
- Help to organise helipad visits and cultivation events
- Participate in other fundraising activities including internal and external events as a charity ambassador
- Supervise volunteers
- To support the wider team in securing new partners through a range of tasks including: ad hoc research support on potential prospects, projects, and administrative support
Skills & Experience
- Excellent time management, organisational and research skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good report writing, communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to changing deadlines and priorities
- Ability to be resilient and tenacious with respect to obstacles
- Proficient in use of all MS Office applications and keen to develop skills further
- Experience of working for a charity in some form, can be voluntary or in paid capacity
- Committed to the London’s Air Ambulance mission and organisational core value
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience working in fundraising
- Experience working with a CRM database (esp. ThankQ)
- Knowledge of public and private sector funding sources, structures and organisations
- Knowledge of the Third Sector
Our Core Values
If you wish to discuss this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put you in contact with someone from the Philanthropy, Partnerships and Events team.
To apply, please send a CV with a one page covering letter outlining your relevant skills for the role. Applications should be sent to the email above or through post, marked Private and Confidential to HR Business Partner, London’s Air Ambulance, Fifth Floor, 77 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 28th May 2017. Interviews will be held the following week.
Unfortunately, due to a high volume of applications we are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Equal Opportunities Policy
London's Air Ambulance Limited is committed to eliminating any discrimination and promoting diversity and equality of opportunity in all it does. It is therefore London's Air Ambulance Limited's commitment to provide equal opportunities in employment and we will not unlawfully discriminate against job applicants, employees of the Company, volunteers, workers or contract workers on the grounds of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (unless, as in the case of pilots or fire crew physical fitness is essential to the performance of their duties).