How can I get involved?
Are you looking for a flexible volunteering opportunity to help support the work of London’s Air Ambulance in your local community?
The role of Community Fundraising Volunteer can be varied and flexible to suit the availability, skills and requirements of individual volunteers. You will receive support from members of the Community Fundraising team but your volunteering will largely take place independently in locations familiar to the volunteer.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
The role can consist of, but may not include all of the below activities. Volunteers can choose the elements of the role that are best suited to their skills and availability and will not be required to do everything listed below.Volunteers will have a point of contact that they can speak to at any time.
• Charity collection pot coordination – volunteers can be responsible for pots in their local area and will be able to collect and replace full pots as well as seek out new locations for pots.
• Manage and take part in charity bucket collections at local supermarkets, stations and events.
• Seek out and attend local community events on behalf of London's Air Ambulance to help raise awareness and funds for the charity.
• Attend cheque presentations on behalf of the charity
• Approach local community groups about supporting London's Air Ambulance as part of their fundraising initiatives or offer to provide a short talk about the charity
• Promote volunteering opportunities, campaigns and ways to support the charity to members of the public
• Support the Community Team with local Charity of the year partnerships e.g supermarkets
• Plan your own fundraising event
Full training and support will be provided so if you are interested in supporting in this important community fundraising role then please email email@example.com or call 0203 023 3312 today!
Volunteer in our shop at the Royal London Hospital
Charity collections in your community
DRIVE OUR FUNDRAISING CAR
Are you looking to volunteer in a regular role which makes a vital contribution to our charity? If so, we need drivers who are able to help us on week days on a regular basis. Our drivers support us with distributing and collecting our fundraising pots as well as delivering items for events and fundraising activities.
You will need a full driving licence and will be required to undertake a driving assessment.
If you don't want to drive, then we also require co-pilots who will accompany drivers out on the road and assist with collections and drop offs..
Our cars are based at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel and drivers will deliver and collect across London.
Are you passionate about the work that London's Air Ambulance does across London? Do you have experience of public speaking or would you like to develop skills in this area? We are looking for volunteers to assist us in spreading the word about our charity to local community groups, organisations, schools and companies and are looking for confident individuals to help us engage with them.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in please click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 023 3312 to discuss further. Full training will be provided as well as opportunities to observe talks before deciding if the role is for you.